- tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin seed
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 medium cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 medium carrots, peeled, medium dice
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 quart (4 cups) vegetable broth
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 cup rasins
- 3 cups dry couscous
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup olive oil
Ingredients: split peas, rice, pepper, olive oil, cardamom, cumin, cinnamon, cayenne, dried apricots onion
1 pound (or more) Mung Bean Sprouts
1 cup cucumber – peeled and sliced
1/2 + cup carrot – grated
1+ cup sweet peppers (use as many colors as you like) – chopped
3 Tbs. tahini or crunchy peanut butter (or combination of the two)
2 Tbs. soy sauce
4 Tbs. vinegar
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 tsp. sugar
1 Tbs. sesame oil
2 Tbs. corn, sunflower or vegetable oil
1 Tbs. ginger – minced
1 Tbs. garlic – minced
1 tsp. hot mustard (optional)
1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup white rice and 1 cup wild rice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 6 scallions
- 1 ½ cups golden raisins/ currants
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, or to taste
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon orange oil ** (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne, or to taste
- tomatoes/ cucumbers
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
3 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 20 oz can pineapple slices in unsweetened pineapple juice
1 cup pineapple juice reserved from can of slices
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tbsp white vinegar
1 spring-form pan or angel food cake pan
non-stick spray (or whatever you use)
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Mix together flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and set aside.
3) In separate bowl, mix pineapple juice, applesauce, and vinegar.
4) Take pan and spray with non-stick spray all the way up the sides too.
5) Lay pineapple rounds in a design on the bottom of the pan (this will be the top, so make it look pretty! Cut pineapple slices into chunks and arrange around whole slices for extra pineapple-ocity.
7) Sprinkle pineapple a with brown sugar.
8) Quickly mix the wet ingredients with the dry. Batter will foam up nicely.
9) Pour into pan immediately and bake for about 30-35 minutes or till center is firm.
2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
2 cups white sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup water
1 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Pour in water, vegetable oil and vanilla; mix until well blended. Spread evenly in a 9×13 inch baking pan.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until the top is no longer shiny. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting into squares.